Dive into the delightful world of comfort food with this Pizza Pot Pie.
Combining the gooey, cheesy deliciousness of pizza with the hearty structure of a classic pot pie, this dish is a crowd-pleaser that brings the best of both worlds to your dining table.
- Pizza dough
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pepperoni slices
- Your choice of pizza toppings (e.g., onions, bell peppers, mushrooms)
- Olive oil
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven: Set your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare Ingredients: Chop your chosen pizza toppings.
- Assemble Pot Pie: Oil the inside of a round baking dish. Spread out the pizza dough, covering the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Layer in half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Then add pepperoni and other toppings.
- Pour tomato sauce over the toppings and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with Dough: Roll out a piece of pizza dough and place it over the top of the dish, sealing the edges.
- Bake: Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 25–30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve: Let it cool slightly, garnish with basil leaves, slice, and serve.
Summing it up..
The Pizza Pot Pie is a testament to culinary creativity, offering a unique twist on familiar flavors.
Perfect for family dinners or as a show-stopping dish at gatherings, it’s sure to leave everyone asking for seconds.